The Research Wing of Colorss
Colorss believes in evidence-based practice. To drive research in areas of health and safety for the economically weaker sections of society, Risachi, the research wing of the Foundation, was established in 2012 under the leadership of Mr. Anand Koti and Dr. Pavithra Rajan (Physiotherapist). Colorss Foundation focuses on advancing rehabilitation through research and welcomes anyone who would be interested in expanding this vision. Our research has been cited by national and international bodies.
Despite the resource constraints of funding and manpower, Risachi has completed several research projects, the findings of which have been used to improve the current methods of delivery and rehabilitation of economically weaker mothers and children in the states of Maharashtra and Gujarat. Risachi has successfully completed one major survey study involving 62 subjects. This most recent study carried out on musculoskeletal health among under-privileged urban pupils in Western India, has been published in the International Journal of Management and Behavioural Sciences, IJMBS. This study resulted in the Handbook for Perfect Posture. Risachi has three other major projects in different phases. The outcome of the research will result in the design of strategies that improve the health of the underprivileged population.
- Rajan, P. and Koti, A. Economic Development of Urban Slum Women in Gujarat, India. International Journal of Management and Behavioural Sciences. 2013; 5; 7-12.
- Rajan, P. and Koti, A. Musculoskeletal Health in Urban Underprivileged School Children in Western India. International Journal of Management and Behavioural Sciences. 2013; 3; 47-51.
- Rajan, P and Koti, A. Cost effective rehabilitation: a cross sectional study on the underprivileged women and school children in the slums of Gujarat, India. International Journal of Advances in Management, Technology & Engineering Sciences. 2013; 2(8:3); 84-86.
- Rajan, P. and Koti, A. A holistic model developed by Colorss Foundation for rehabilitation of the community women in Gujarat, India. International Journal of Management and Behavioural Sciences. 2013; 4: 83-89
- Rajan, P. and Koti, A. Ergonomics for every woman and every child- a book for the underprivileged communities. 2016. This handbook is for free distribution to underserved communities.